12th March, 2020Shockwave Therapy
Shockwave therapy has been found to be an effective treatment for predominantly tendon injuries and orthopaedic conditions. We have successfully treated plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendinopathy and increased the length of shortened muscles. In addition to providing immediate pain relief, it has also been found to be effective for promoting tendon repair.
Shockwave therapy is a form of regenerative medicine. Shockwave therapy works by stimulating the growth of new blood vessels into the tissues, promoting growth factors, increasing cell proliferation, decreasing inflammation and mobilising stem cells.
What can shockwave therapy treat?
- Plantar fasciitis
- Jumper’s knee
- Hamstring tendonitis
- Achilles tendonitis
- Lower back pain
- Frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis)
- Calcific tendonitis
- Tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis)
- Shin splints (medial tibial stress syndrome)
- Stress fractures
- Trigger points
- Calf muscle shortening
- Periarticular shoulder pain
- Soft tissue conditions
- Mortons Neuromas
- Hip bursitis
- Neck pain
- And more
Through double-blind, randomized control studies, we have calculated the effectiveness of shockwave therapy for several treatable conditions.
- 84% improvement in shockwave therapy for plantar fasciitis
- 91% improvement for calcific tendonitis of the shoulder
- 77% improvement for tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis)
- 76% improvement for Achilles tendinopathy
- 80% improvement for radial and ulnar humeral epicondylitis
- 74% improvement for patellar tendonitis (jumper’s knee)/achillodynia
- 80% improvement for myofascial trigger points
Book a shockwave therapy appointment at Carina Medical